Monday, November 7, 2011

Travel Day

How is it that a person who drives for a shuttle service does not know directions?
This is the question that kept popping in my head this morning as we got lost going to the Newark airport, along with a few OMG & you kidding me , & dude put on the GPS. A trip that should have taken 1 hour 15 minutes took 2 with a nice scenic tour of Union, NJ. Thankfully we still got here exactly 2 hours prior. I know the flight is over sold so I had some concerns. But we all made it.
This week I am taking a group of 40 fun people to Cabo San Lucas. It' s always fun to travel with a group but it does require a bit of work even with the most seasoned of travelers all of which I love. When we arrived in Mexico I told everyone once they got their luggage go out & look for a sign for our group transfer to the resort. But I forgot that one important piece of information you need in a Mexican airport. Don't talk to anyone about transfers until you get outside in the fresh air & see the sign. There are 2 rooms to walk through before you get outside full of people wanting to help you & to sell you time share. They will stop you & ask you a question no matter the answer it's the right one & before you know it your at a desk signing up for all sorts of things. I had gone out first & than had to sneak back in to direct people out. It was kind of fun as the guys doing the time share were giving me a hard time as I was directing my people away. I even heard them ask people to see their passports & people were more than ready show it. I got my group by & in the vans & off we went to our resort Dreams Los Cabos Resort.
As promised we had private check in. One of the families with two young girls as the got out of the van the girls came running over with big smiles to tell me they got wet towels to refresh. Always a nice touch after a long travel day.
After the check in process we all got some champagne & it time to relax. Can't wait to see our room & hit the beach.


Sent from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Should have stopped at my house. We live in the next town over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh boy that's not good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell him it's the big place with all the airplanes..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg have fun love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have a great trip with the Lagoon crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been very stressful for you, thinking that you might miss the plane. Almost another memorable moment Ha!

    ReplyDelete