Sunday, March 13, 2011

He Lived!!

     I would like to share something personal. A year ago my father suffered a massive stroke. I was still in New Orleans when I got the news but flying home that day. I remember as the pilot announced we would be landing shortly, it hit me. I felt my chest tighten to the point I felt I couldn’t breathe then this overwhelming feeling came over me, I had lost my father. Our last conversation was Feb 12 and it was just a short chat about my upcoming trip. As it turned out it was the last one we would ever have. He lived another 30 days but that day I lost the man I knew.
   He was not only my father but a good friend. He was a man that you could always count on in any situations.  He knew the meaning of pay it forward. He had a unique view of life. He never really worried about things. He took each day as it came. It’s something I try hard to live by as well.  He wasn’t a perfect man, nor did he pretend to be.  
  He loved to travel.
He flew Migs in Russia, ate bird in China, studied the macaws in Brazil, had suits made in Hong Kong, fished in Trinidad, drank beer in Red Square and got married in Vegas by Elvis, just to name a few of his adventures.
 

One of his favorite places to travel to was Aruba.  He loved to be on the beach with a book in hand.


 I had the opportunity to travel with him several times.  It was always entertaining. My fondest memory was fishing in Cabo when I got my first big catch a 77 Pd tuna which he was right there helping reel in.  

 He loved to fish. 
He always wore red socks on fishing days.  
 He said that when he wore red socks it was a happy day. 



   




He was a true entrepreneur. I worked with him for many years and learned so much about business and life. 



   He experienced so much in life yet he still had so many dreams of things he wanted to do. He always said he would live to 105 and had plenty of time.  Its one of the many things I learned in his passing, you really do need to live each day to its fullest as you never know when things will change. I miss him very much but thankful I have so many wonderful memories.

   Bill Newbauer
He Lived!!!
Space
Camp

Always beating the system
Bimini Bahamas 

12 comments:

  1. For these of you who knew him and want to share some of their memories please do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really nice Jill its very ahrd to lose a parent. My heart goes out to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing was while I was driving to work today I was thinking about you and him wondering when the exact day was. I knew it was soon but didn't realize it was today. His fate brought us together and for that I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun memories of Bill. He definitely lived life to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jill, it made me smile and cry. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a nice sentiment, jill. i see his influence on you. it made me think of my own dad, and remember why i make the choices i do. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny thing was while I was driving to work today I was thinking about you and him wondering when the exact day was. I knew it was soon but didn't realize it was today. His fate brought us together and for that I am thankful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful post, I now know where you get your zest for life . I recently paid tribute to my Dad (2/28/94) and miss my morning coffee's with him too:) He was going to live forever and got fooled too. This was just so lovely, enjoy your wonderful memories of him today .

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful memories you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, He would have loved Ignite. He would be ED by now

      Delete