Friday, October 9, 2015

The Avenue of the Giants


We spent the night in Eureka which was a good resting spot after all day in Redwood National Park. Crescent City is the Northern entrance to the park and Eureka is the Southern entrance.
We had a 6 hour drive to Sausalito.

On the way we took the 31 mile scenic drive through the Avenue of the Giants. It was magnificent.
I thought after seeing the redwoods yesterday how much more could I be wowed. Well this actually surpassed it.

It was early and not many cars. At one point I was laying down looking up at these magnificent giants.

There are plenty of trails to hike we just didn't have time.








Then we did the ultimate tourist thing, paid $6.00 to drive thru the iconic tree made popular in the
1940's, we are the only people there since it is only 9:30am & Oct.

 We drive thru and of course I want a pic. So I say "drive thru again." George "I am not driving thru this tree again, I will back just up.


No comments:

Post a Comment