Friday, October 2, 2015

Whale Watching with Dockside Charters in Depoe Bay, Oregon

 Crazy as it is I have never seen a whale. Yesterday was the first time I saw one spout but I really wanted to see one up close. The best way would be to go out on a boat but I also get sea sick in the ocean but I was willing to give it a try. The weather could not be better for this time of year, high 60's, no wind, and the sea looked very calm making it the perfect day to go whale watching.

We boarded the F/V Samson at 12:45pm and left the harbor at 1:00pm.






In less the 10 minutes you are out in the ocean and seeing Whales.


 It was amazing being so close, you could hear them breathe.

 The trip was one hour which was good for me, we got to see many whales and by the time my belly was feeling the motion it was time to go in.



 We saw plenty of gray whales and many were right off the point of the condo we are renting.

Our condo
 When we came back to the unit, we spotted the same crew back out and they had a great show.

 We enjoyed the crew and had a great day on the Samson!


No comments:

Post a Comment