Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Best Fish Sandwich @Strawhataxa Anguilla


Our first full day in Anguilla we spent the morning getting to know the island a little bit before settling down for the day at Meads Bay. The beach there is just beautiful, white powder sand and clear ocean perfect place to spend afternoon.

 It even got a bit better when Anhel from the Straw Hat restaurant came over with a menu and flag letting us know anything we want he will be happy to get.

A straw Hat rum punch was perfect while enjoying the view.


A little walk, some swimming and next thing you know George is looking at the watch declaring it is time for lunch.  We were enjoying ourselves on the beach why not have lunch at Straw Hat restaurant just steps away.


Anyone who knows me knows I do not eat hamburgers, never ever. A fish sandwich on a menu is always my number 1 choice. In my travels I have eaten many a fish sandwich and so I know my fish sandwiches. Of course I ordered the Spicy Fish Sandwich on the menu. Let me tell it was the best. Everything about it was great, the fish was cooked to perfection, served with a spicy jerk aioli that was just the right about of spice to give it flavor but not too spicy. Along with a red rip tomatoes on a toasted baguette. I loved every bit and left not a crumb.

It is listed as a Straw Hat favorite for a good reason.


4 comments:

  1. It is my favorite (and the accompanying Straw Hat fries are soooo scrumptious),

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our favorite restaurants on the island

    ReplyDelete