Monday, March 25, 2013

Discovery Point Grand Cayman


 Discovery Point Club was a wonderful place to stay on seven mile beach. All the Condo are ocean front. It was one of the few places that also had a pool. 

Just off our beach here at discovery point was another wonderful place to snorkel. I went out everyday sometimes twice and found something new each time.  As soon as you put your face in the water there are fish all around.


These guys swim with you everywhere and are close. Sometimes they would startle me coming up along side my mask while I was busy looking at other things.
 This Snapper seemed to be following me everywhere I went.



  This barracuda was only 4 feet off the beach along the rocks.
I spotted this what looked like a sand dollar one morning but didn't want to pick it up not knowing. 

After looking up sand dollars I was fairly certain it was one, now to find it again. It was close to the shore in the rock beds & I was determine to get this little treasure. After just a few minutes I saw it and removed it from the sand. As I lifted it out all this purple ink came flowing out. It was not flat like a sand dollar or white. It was rounded as a sea urchin.  After much web searching I believe it to be a heart sea urchin. If anyone thinks otherwise please do tell what this in fact is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment