Monday, March 18, 2013

Snorkeling around Grand Cayman


One of the reasons we came to the Cayman was to snorkel and we haven't been disappointed. There are many great spots all around the island but we are starting with the one just on the North & East side. The dock around Morritt's Totuga Club had tons of fish. Big schools of Tarpon and a huge barracuda. There was a time I would have swam away from a barracuda now I am chasing it down for a picture. 

 
Barracuda
Branded Butterfish

Tarpon

  
Right out front on our place there are many star fish. I was so busy trying to capture the cow fish that I didn't even see the barracuda next to me. 
Looks like he is smiling for the picture. 
Barracuda

I really enjoyed the snorkeling at Rum Point. The colors there are beautiful.
Yellowtail snapper


The beaches here are nice as well & a good place to have lunch. There is a tour shop as well.

1 comment:

  1. Had a great meeting with the fishes! I also like to go under water and feel the water. I am a good scuba diver and I like Snorkeling in Grand Cayman which is the best and a must to-do for me.

    ReplyDelete