Thursday, April 14, 2011

Flyers Fan

     Today is the start of one of my favorite times of the year Playoff hockey. Yes I know it official started last night but the Flyer’s take the ice tonight so for me it’s today.  It is time to break out all the orange & black from my closet and get ready for some great hockey.  I love how the whole town is a buzz with Flyers talk.  Houses get decorated with flyers flags, statues, and anything else people can think of to show their support of our beloved team.  Driving though south Philly this time of year almost every home has a Flyers tribute displayed in their front windows. Guys support their teams by not shaving for weeks.Got to love it all.


   I have been a fan since grade school and still remember sitting in my room listening to Gene Hart on the radio for the home games. It was always exciting. For many years I was fortunate to be a season ticket holder and experience some really great moments in the history of the Flyers. I no longer have them but do go to a couple of games a year. Last year’s playoff was amazing. I got lucky and got last minute tickets to game 4 of the Stanley cup. It was a fun night to be a Flyers fan from start to finish. 




  For all you Flyer’s Fan’s out there
Let’s Go Flyer’s!


 I say Flyers in 5.
What did you think?
What does everyone think on are chances this year?



5 comments: