Friday, November 19, 2010

Bombastic Meatbats with Chad Smith


One night over dinner a friend of mine says”hey you know that band you like, Chili Peppers I think one of the guys is playing in New Hope.” I was thinking  yea right but the next morning I looked it up and sure enough Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers was playing with his band the Bombastic Meatbats in New Hope, PA I had to go.
I had no idea what to except as I had only ever eaten outside on the porch at Havana’s. We got there early and we were checking in with the hostess and there was Chad. He walked over gave a big smile said “hello, how you doing tonight as he gave my arm a little squeeze. Made my night, OK so I am just a little bit of a groupie. I have seen the RHCP a couple of times, saw Chad with Chickenfoot and now meeting him was unbelievable. 
   We had a table right up front, the band came on a little past 8:00pm and they were great. What I really couldn't believe was that there really wasn't anyone in the place. I think there was only about 50 people there.

 We really enjoyed the music. Chad rocks on drums and is very funny. After the show we they did a meet and greet. Great night!!!!!        
 I will definitely be back for more shows at Havana. 


1 comment:

  1. Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats
    thx Jill!
    November 20, 2010 at 12:51am

    ReplyDelete