Thursday, June 21, 2012

Toes in the sand with Kenny Chesney



Sun tanned toes ticklin the sand and a cold drink chillin in my right hand is exactly my kind of life style so it could only be a matter it before I went to see the person who sings these lyrics, Kenny Chesney.  I am not a country fan but I love live music and his songs seem to sing to my life. This past Saturday night I put my cowboy hat on and went to my first show in Philadelphia. 



Kenny came on stage wearing an Eagles Strength t-shirt nice touch for us Philly’s fans.  Right before “Boys of Fall” Kenny said “We are so honored and proud to play in a stadium where football means so much to so many.” The screen then flashed on an Eagles helmet which of course we gave an E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!  He played many songs that have come to be some of my favorites, “Come Over,” “Somewhere with you,” Summertime & “When the Sun Goes Down.”  It was a wonderful concert and I was really glad I got to see him.

   Now if I wasn’t a fan by the end of Saturday’s Concert I am now after last night’s concert in Wildwood NJ. What a great show he gave us, there on the beach, toes in the sand, sun just starting to set as he took the stage it was a night to remember.  The concert was free as part of American Express unstaged concert series and to kick off his new CD. I had heard about and it being on the beach I just had to go.


The first 75 minutes was streamed live on You tube and the set list was incredible, Summer time, Don’t Happen Twice, Somewhere With You, Come Over, One the Coast of Somewhere  Beautiful, and Anything but Mine just to name a few.  

 At the end he signed his guitar and gave it to a little boy in the front. 
I thought all was over but the real unstaged concert was just beginning. 

He came back on and saying this next part was for all of us here on the beach.  Starting with She thinks my tractors Sexy , Blister in the Sun,You Really Got me, and the band rock out to Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Kenny and the band just looked like they were up there having so much fun. He did one for a guy who he said was like a brother to him and one he has never played live, Hungry Heart. Afterwards said he never played the guitar with such attitude.  It was some beach party and one I am happy I did not miss.

  If you missed it or were there and like to see it again its still playing on Youtube. Check it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment