Thursday, February 9, 2012

Missing the Tico Life Style

Watching the snow fall outside I am thinking about the young boys I watched make snow angels or in their case sand angels on the beach in Manzanillo. I have only been home for a couple of days and already missing the tico life style.
 People are always asking me why I love Costa Rica so much. I am not sure I know the exact answer to that question other than it’s the happiness I feel while I am there.  They say the people living in Costa Rica are the happiest people in the world and I have to agree.  Yesterday as I was food shopping in Wegmans, still a glow from my trip, a smile on my face, I said hello to the folks I passed. I was greeted with a few smiles but mostly got looks as if I was a crazy person that should be avoided. Not at all like the warm friendly greetings I received while peddling my bike along the road in Puerto Viejo. 

The country is full of beauty, wildlife, and each time I go I discover something new. It is one of the many reasons I keep going back as each area I visit is uniquely different. Life is at a much slower pace, which allows people to enjoy their surroundings and live in the moment. Something I have to remind myself to do more of, as you never know what you will find.



 I enjoy waking to the sounds of the howler monkeys at sunrise. I don’t need to play bejeweled to occupy my time I simply look all around at the wonderful colors of the flora, birds, and butterflies. 

 There are no angry birds in the rainforest just the sweet sounds of their calls. 

Multi tasking takes on a whole new meaning here, its peddling a bike or taking a walk while searching the trees for wildlife. All your senses come alive in Costa Rica. For these reasons and many more I will be looking forward to my next visit.
 


Life in Costa Rica is Pura Vida.

2 comments: