Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Biking in Puerto Viejo

One of the main forms of transportation here in Puerto Viejo is bike. While staying at Villa Tucan this was not something we wanted to try because of the 2 very steep hills up to the house. It reminded me a bit like the manayunk wall, which I once had to walked my bike up so no thanks not on stones in the jungle.
Now staying just outside town with a flat road it's was time to park the car and ride. It also gives George a chance to see everything he has been missing while driving.




 I am completely happy biking along, looking for monkeys, saying hola to those I passed. My kind of living. We rode all the way to the beautiful beach town of Manzanillo.


 We stopped along the way to watch a troop of howler monkeys up in a tree. Unfortunately I did not bring my better camera as it was raining when we started out so not many good pictures.

  On the return trip we stopped for a swim at Punta Uva beach.

Punta Uva Beach

Found another troop of howlers to watch. We saw a few sloths up in the trees. I am getting very good at spotting the wild life. I can see a Jill's bike tour in my future, lol.
 Great day.


1 comment:

  1. That was a great day. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete