Monday, June 3, 2013

Snorkeling around Aruba

Queen Angelfish
I love the water and love nature it only makes sense that I would love to snorkel. The more I do it the more I am finding just how much I enjoy seeing this whole under water world. Taking pictures helps me slow down to take in all that is around me and also helps me later identify just what fish I am seeing. I got myself this reef fish identification book and I am constantly looking up the different fish. My daughter called me obsessed with it.


Whitespotted Filefish
  Every single time I have been out snorkeling I see at least one new thing I have never seen before. Aruba had some wonderful reefs to snorkel around right off shore. We snorkeled the rocks around Baby beach, Arashi Beach, and Malmok reef. There were many other spots but just ran out of time.
 Here are some of the many interesting and colorful fish right off shore.
Smooth Trunkfish

Princess Parrot Fish


Honeycomb Cowfish


One afternoon we snorkeling fairly far out past the reef  where the water was getting much deeper and to our surprise there were all these star fish and large schools of bait fish. While looking at them we saw tons of sand dollars all over the ocean floor. Diving for sand dollars was a highlight.





Another day we took in some bread and had a real fish frenzy. It was a bit startling when they are hitting your mask and in your hair.

These are just some of the many fish I saw over the week in Aruba. Time to put the book away until next trip.
Maculated Flounder
Dash Goby - not really sure
spotted scorpion fish but not really sure
Sand Diver
 Chain Moray
Spotfin Butterflyfish
whitespotted Filefish
Rainbow Parrot fish
3 smooth trunkfish  all different colors
Ocean surgeonfish

Black Durgon










No comments:

Post a Comment