Monday, June 10, 2013

Who knew I could have my toes in the sand at the Linc?


This was my 3rd Kenny Chesney concert but the first time tailgating for it. Last year I saw him twice, once at in Philly but got there just before the concert started and in Wildwood NJ where the party was on the beach. We got there around noon and from the looks of things the party had started long before than. The parking lots were packed with folks in cowboy hats, boots, and flip flops all just having a good time. It was a cross somewhere between an Sunday Eagles tailgate, Jimmy Buffet concert, and one big family reunion.  The weather was perfect.



It was lots of fun to walk around to see all the different setups  people came with. My first stop was a bar named the Soggy dollar. A little bit of the BVI in Philly? I thought for sure they would be serving up some painkillers but got jello shots instead.

 There were pools, tiki bars, sand, DJ's, and this lonely penguin in his cowboy hat.
At one point we were all line dancing in the middle of the parking lot.

 I was just amazed at how much sand people really came with. I just had to kick off the flip flops and let my toes play in the sand but what else would you expect after all this is the No Shoes Nation tour.

After a fun time in the parking lot it was show time. We were in to see Eric Church who I really liked. Never really listen to him before but that will be changing.

Kenny was terrific, never disappoints. He does a great show. Heard all my favorites along with his one of his new songs "When I see this bar."

 “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime” Kenny Chesney.

Great way to kick off the summer!  June 8, 2013 Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment