Friday, May 20, 2011

The Radiators "Last Roundup" Farewell Tour


Last night I saw the Radiators for the first and last time. I can’t believe it took me this long to see them and it was their farewell tour. The Radiators are a New Orleans born rock band that has been together since 1978. I wish knew how good they were long ago. One of the stops on this farewell tour was Havana’s in New Hope which is one of my favorite venues for shows.


The night started with dinner upstairs at Havana. They have a really good menu and the food is excellent. They offer small plates which is a great way to try a few different things. We had 2 of my favorites last night, Sweet plantains with a chocolate-mole Oaxaca sauce and Brie Praline Brulee. The Brie is melted sprinkled with pralines, topped with orange jam and served with toasted crostini. How can you not love that? In addition to that we had Edamame’s and Havana Tilapia Tacos, which is also a favorite of ours. 

The opening band was Ray Jay and they were great. I was asking myself how I didn’t hear about these guys for all these years as well because they really rocked. They even played some Dead, Cassidy.  Set list: Sunny Night, Agua Dulce, Cassidy, Charlotte, Deal, One Way Ticket to Mars, Robin, Love Seed Mama Jump
http://www.royjaymusic.com/ 

9:00pm Radiators took the stage and the place danced until 11:30pm. Thanks Guys, you rock, love dancing the night away to your music.  I wish I had the set list if anyone has it please post it or email it to me. Thanks! 
Here is their website with the dates for the rest of their farewell tour. 


Another great night at Havana’s in New Hope. 

I will be there tonight as well for The New Riders of the Purple Sage with Citizens Band Radio.
Tickets are still available

2 comments:

  1. love the Rads, following them for 20 years plus, my brother Brian was at the show last night, he emailed a few songs they did, started out, Law of the Fish, Mood to move, Sparkplug, River Run. Glad you got to see them before it ended. I enjoy your tweets and Blog, Enjoy the NRPS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! We've put some great video up from last night already at www.youtube.com/royjaymusic

    ReplyDelete