Monday, February 10, 2014

What do you love most about Anguilla?

That was the question a women asked me while we were on the ferry from Anguilla to St Martin. We had just stayed 10 wonderful days on the island and chatting with another couple about the island when she asks me "What did you love most about Anguilla. I answered quickly "the beaches".



As I sat on the ferry watching the island getting further away I was thinking about her question and my answer. Of course the beaches are one of the reasons we pick to come here but after our visit there are some much more that draws you in. It's a combination of many things that make a place special.
The island of Anguilla has it all at least for me. There are no high rises, no fast food chain restaurants, no chain shops of any kind, no big all inclusive resorts, no large cruise ships come into the island so there are never crowds of people.


What it does have are wonderful small restaurants all over the island serving great food & most have wonderful views. I think I read there are over 100 restaurants. We certainly didn't have a enough time to try the ones on our list.

Barrel Stay
Many of them are right on the beach and have live music. You can pretty much find a place with live music every day & night. I need to be there many Sunday's & Wednesday's to hear all the different types of music being played around the island.
Sunsets

Every Night was different 


Liquid Sun Shine - morning & afternoon showers gave us beautiful full, sometimes double rainbows



White soft powder sand


Beautiful clear turquoise water


The people who live on the island, they are so warm and friendly always making you feel so welcome


For me it's the combinations of all these things that will bring me back to Anguilla.



On my last morning I was drinking my coffee watching the sun come up looking out over the water, watching the clouds moving & changing shapes, a song came on, I love my life I live my life by Demarco
It is a happy song and found the words to be true. I love my life, I am living life to its fullest, & have so much to be thankful for. Very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment