Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Glamorous days of flying


I do love the bag
     Anyone remember the days when flying on an airplane was glamorous? People dressed in their Sunday best. You got a good meal on the flights, sometimes even 2 meals. Magazines were passed out along with snacks. You could not only tour the cockpit they gave you the little flight pins.
 Boy have things changed from the since that golden Era of travel. Now most of us dread getting on a plane. We are dress in our PJ’s, pay for everything food, luggage, and now seats, hardly the glamorous days of old. Watching the new series Pan Am made me miss these good old days of flying. A time you boarded a plane with excitement not just about the place you were going but the actually experience of being on an airplane.
     At one point I even wanted to become a Stewardess. It wasn’t just about the job it was the whole lifestyle. I went as far as going to a recruiter and was told I could never be a stewardess as I was too short, 5’2. Well I guess a travel agent is the second best thing.

   Times have changed and so has our flying experiences but it is still the way to see the world.

What was your favorite part of flying back in the day or even now? 

1 comment:

  1. They certainly were the good old days of flying. It's a shame its not like that now.

    ReplyDelete